Self Care Shower Routine Tips: Popular TikTok Shower & Skin Care Products To Try 2021
Last Updated on February 10, 2021 by hello
By now, you’ve heard this story one too many times (especially after new lock down measures were put into place): TikTok provides the best inspiration of Amazon product haul and now I can’t stop scrolling.
The most recent best shower hacks finds for the long winter ahead?
Check Out More TikTok Bathroom Hacks!
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
TikTok Shower Head Amazon
With several hashtags racking up more than a billion views, TikTok might not have influenced me to purchase a VSCO outfit but it has successfully convinced me I need a new ‘beans’ shower head to have strong water pressure and glowing skin. Check out these shower tiktok products…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Multi Color LED Shower Head – ‘The colors are bright but not annoying. The only thing that is a negative for me is the lack of spray options. My last one had 8 and this only has two different sprays. But they are both pretty awesome, one is more like a rainfall and the other is small circumference with slightly more pressure.’ – SEE MORE REVIEWS
Amazon Shower Room Products
TikTok has quietly morphed into a next-generation QVC, unearthing useful doodads and oddball gadgets you didn’t know you needed. A product that goes viral on TikTok can sell out for months at a time, and the hashtag #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt has racked up 645.1 million views (and probably as many dollars in sales).
Personally I found these shower gadgets extremely practical and budget-friendly. They also have raving reviews. ==> Click to open all links and see if they are for you!
- Amazon Bathroom Mats (This is the BEST!) – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Tub Shroom (More Than 10k+ Good Reviews On Amazon! Revolutionary Tub Drain Protector Hair Catcher/Strainer/Snare.) – SEE LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON
- Amazon Shower Chair (If you live with older person then you need this for safety in your shower, period.) – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Amazon Shower Bench (Nice looking than the chair) – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Amazon Curtain Liner (So you can use any fabric as shower curtain for the ‘LOOK’, then add this cheaper layer for water proofing.) – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Amazon Shower Doors (It keeps everywhere neat and dry for small bathrooms.) – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Amazon Shower Curtain Rod (TikTok KOLs hanging artificial leaves & waterproof LED light on it) – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Amazon Shower Curtain Hooks (Rust resisting) – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Waterproof Shower Speaker – SEE LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON
- Marriott Attune Scent Diffuser Refill Cartridge – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Amazon Shower Caddy – SEE LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON
- Hanging Shower Organizer – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Deluxe Razor Holder – SEE LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON
- All-Purpose Shower Squeegee – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Shower Dispenser (I am obsessed with this shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel dispenser that you can just mount on your wall.) – SEE LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON
- Pastel Hair Clips – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Amazon Shower Cap (Cute version) – SEE IT ON AMAZON
TikTok Skincare Products
Since entering quarantine, my skin has been in a bit of a crisis. I’ve gone through phases of oiliness, dry patches, whiteheads, irritation, and cystic acne.
After being introduced to the wide, wide world of TikTok skincare & shower routine products, I felt like these items are the must haves that I just couldn’t escape, no matter how many hours I spent scrolling. So, I decided to try out some of the most viral skincare products on TikTok and see if they actually lived up to the hype and rescue my skin. ==> Open all links to see if you are missing out some viral great products!
- Shower Foot Scrubber (I’ve seen this foot scrubber a few times on TikTok so really wanted to try it. And let me tell you, it worked wonders for my feet. Made them super soft and just exfoliated them really well. What to do in the shower? This TikTok shower product give you another new idea.) – SEE LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON
- Coconut Body Wash – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Soft Silicone Head Massager – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Exfoliating Glove – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Cococare Stick – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Ambi Foaming Cleanser – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Ponds Facial Moisturizer – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Caress Soap – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Vicks Vapo Shower Tablets – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Tree Hut Sugar Scrub – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Shea Butter & Almond Oil Foaming Bath – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Dr Teals Relax Body Wash – SEE IT ON AMAZON
- Skin Whitening Bath – SEE IT ON AMAZON
Read This Guide If You Are Interested In Viral TikTok Nail Products.
Skin Care Before Shower
TikTok shower routines are very popular on social media too. Healthy skin starts with the best shower routine. Slow down and apply these before shower skincare routine tips to make the most of your nice shower time.
- Warm your robe – If you’ve never slipped into a warm robe or wrapped up in warm towel at the spa, you don’t know what you’re missing out on.
- Remove makeup – Taking off your makeup separately from when you wash your face ensures a deeper gentler clean.
- Face mask before a shower – Try applying one just before you hop in the shower. Then in 10 minutes you will be ready to wash your hair and body before rinsing your mask off.
- Prepare music and candles – For the perfect relaxation time.
Shower Routine For Glowing Skin
Looking for the best way to wash your body to get rid of dull textures and reveal glowing, radiant skin?
It’s the time when you get rid of body odor, get energized in the morning, or unwind after a long day. A daily shower routine is also one of the best ways to maintain the health of your skin.
- Keeping your shower under 105ºF – While optimal shower temperature is personal, you should keep an eye on your skin: Flushing or redness indicates that the water is too hot for your best body wash routine.
- Wash your hair first – Use sulfate-free products, which are your best bet for scalp and hair health, and lathering up before you wash your body. For one, the shampoo will drip down your body when you rinse it, adding an additional cleansing element for your skin. But since the same thing also happens with your conditioner, you’ll want to follow up with body wash to ensure you’re getting rid of any potentially pore-clogging residue it can leave behind.
- Use body wash for your body – Not only is body wash more convenient than bar soap, but it also tends to be more moisturizing. A great natural body wash should cleanse and restore skin pH balance, without stripping away natural oils that keep it soft and hydrated.
- Wash your face – Yes, you can wash your face in the shower.
- Scrub – Dry areas (think heels, calluses, legs, and elbows) soften up the longer you’re in the shower, making towards the end of the shower the perfect time to scrub. Plus, exfoliating before you shave helps your razor get closer to the skin’s surface for longer-lasting results.
- Shave – Wait until the end of your shower to shave as it is when your hair has had enough time to soften. You’ve removed any dull, dead skin that prevents a close shave and you’ve lifted hair up and away from the follicle by exfoliating. Apply shaving lotion to keep skin calm if you need a little extra softness.
- If your face mask is still on, rinse it off now.
- Dry your skin properly – Use a bathrobe instead of a traditional towel, since it absorbs the water without you having to aggressively rub the skin to get rid of the excess water.
Shower Routine For Dry Skin
If your skin is especially dry, focus on areas that tend to sweat more and go easy on areas that are exposed, like arms and legs. Look for cleansers with naturally based butters and oils, like sustainable shea butter and palm, and steer clear of animal-derived tallow, which can leave an icky film on skin. You should also avoid antibacterial and scented soaps as they tend to contain harsh, unnatural ingredients that can trigger sensitive skin.
After Shower Skin Care Routine
Many people think that a proper shower routine ends when the water is stopped, but a skincare routine after shower will help reveal healthier, more beautiful skin. Here’s your guide to the ultimate pampering after shower routine:
- Detox your armpits, chest, back, and booty – Time to deep clean buildup in your pores as part of your after shower routine. You can leave the body mask on for 1–15 minutes before rinsing.
- Mosturize your face – because once you step into the shower the steam helps open up pores for deeper benefits. Steer clear of peel-off and sheet masks though—the humidity can make them slide off/prevent them from setting.
- Mosturize your body – Before you dry off, moisturize your skin. Damp skin locks in hydration better, plus skin is vulnerable right after you shower because your pores are open. Use a body butter with sustainably sourced shea butter to nourish skin and supports its barrier function. If you live in a humid climate or want something lighter, use a body gel that absorbs instantly and is packed with electrolytes.
- Press your serum, face crème, eye crème and moisturize your lips.
- Wrap up in your warm bathrobe
- Treat yourself to a cup of tea, glass of wine, or some spa water with lemon and cucumber slices 🙂
Shower Routines Feminine Hygiene
Many ladies till date shy away from talking or sharing tips on how to maintain feminine hygiene. Good vaginal hygiene helps to keep your genitals clean and your reproductive tract healthy. No matter what age you are, there are the best for hygiene routine for females.
- Use warm water and be gentle – The vagina is, to a certain extent, “self-cleaning”. It is only necessary to clean the external area (the vulva).
- Use cleansing products specially formulated for feminine hygiene – Avoid products containing irritating ingredients such as alcohol or fragrances. Choose soap-free cleansers to avoid drying out this sensitive area. Do not rub vigorously.
- Do not stimulate – After washing, gently tap the skin dry with a clean towel. Do not carry out personal hygiene too often: once or twice a day is ample.
- Wear cotton underpants – Do not wear underpants that are too small or too tight. Choose underpants made of white cotton instead of synthetic fibres for better aeration. Change them at least once a day. Do not use vaginal douches, powders or perfumes, they will increase the risks of irritation and infection.
- Wipe from front to back – When you go to the toilet, always wipe from front to back to avoid potential infection. If you experience bladder leaks, wash your feminine parts after every “small accident”.
- Feminine hygiene tutorials post intercourse – Clean the vulva after vaginal intercourse. If you use a condom or a vaginal lubricant during sexual intercourse, choose one that is free of fragrances or superfluous ingredients.
- Underpants & swim suit washing – If you go swimming, remove your wet bathing suit immediately after. Do not wash underpants with dirty sneakers, jeans, pants or jackets.